Monday 13 July 2015

Bringsty Common July 12th

Bringsty Common: Leopard
I put just the 1 trap out last night because of the rain forecast. When I popped down to take a peak at midnight, I ended up staying for about 90 minutes, there were so many moths about. I now wish I'd put 2 or even 3 out. 43 micro species so far identified with quite a few to look at later in the year and 91 macro species excluding the Minors and Common Rustic potential Lessers. With my grammar school education  I make that 134 species so far. Total moths came to 688, with Heart & Dart topping the list at 61, followed by Large Yellow Underwing at 43 and Uncertain at 42. Most interesting was a single True Lover's Knot. There was a Scarce Silver Line that came and went and no fewer than 7 Triple Spotted Clay. The lawn was seemingly alive with Buff Arches bouncing around the outside of the trap alongside many Acentria ephemerella flapping in the short grass. Migrants were uninspiring with a single noctuella and 2 Silver Y. Peter Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.