Monday 18 July 2016

Least Carpet

There was a single Least Carpet in the garden trap last night when I went down to check it over around midnight. Unfortunately by this morning it had decided to move on to pastures new. Only checking the database this morning did I realise it has not been recorded in Hereford as yet...until last night. Whilst we all brace ourselves for Tuesday's hot night, last night I had a good haul of moths with 68 macro species and 34 species of micro (with a few still to id). The first Dun-bar arrived, which for me is a key indicator of "late" summer. The previous night at Brockhampton the first Lesser Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing arrived which filled me with a deep depression! NFY and of note, Dingy Shears and Dotted Clay Peter Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.