Sunday 25 June 2017

Great Farley Wood, 21st June

Pammene regiana
           Great Farley Wood in North Worcestershire had just a handful of very old moth records on the Mapmate database so my visit on the 21st June, the last night of the heatwave, seemed more valuable than usual because even common moths would be new for the site. As it turned out it wasn't just common moths I recorded, Cydia illutana is a very scarce species in Worcestershire but I recorded 8 of them on a ride bordering mixed conifers and broadleaved trees.
           Argyresthia laevigatella, Cedestis gysseleniella and Narycia duplicella (adult) were all new moths for me and in the perfect conditions my 4 traps were humming. I'm still working on some of the tricky species but the total will certainly be over 160.        Patrick Clement


Cydia illutana
Argyresthia laevigatella
Cedestis gysseleniella
Narycia duplicella

Cryptoblabes bistriga

1 comment:

  1. Well done Patrick, some nice records by the sound of it. It would have been light if I had to go through 4 traps.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.